I'm spoiled

This happens every night on the Mekong:


The aerobics during the sunset is incredible.  There's a man standing on a podium shrieking commands in Lao while hundreds of people follow his lead.  I plan to do this soon. 

I'm also spoiled because I now have this:

A really dorky cruiser with a basket that I can use to get around. 

Today, I met up with a few other new teachers and we signed for a house!  Not an apartment but a beautiful Lao house with 6 bedrooms, several balconies, and wooden floor.  Needless to say, you have a place to stay when you come to visit.

I can't believe I get to live in such a beautiful place.  I'm still in shock.

Finally, I'm spoiled to be able to go into any mom and pop Lao cafe and eat pad thai or curry whenever I want. 

Last night I met some of the expat crowd.  We went to an Indian restaurant (!!!) and also enjoyed Beerlao overlooking the Mekong.  The expat crowd all seem to know each other and hang out all the time, which is nice, but also very different than what I'm used to.  They are really welcoming.  Tonight I'm going out to eat Lao food and go to the night market with the teachers I will be living with.  We move in tomorrow so tonight we are celebrating our luck at finding a house within 3 hours of searching. 

Life is good.




Comments

  1. Congrats! Had Thai food for Todd's bachelor party, which included pad Thai.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts