And, like that, the school year is half over.  And, I'm suddenly on vacation.

Less than 3 hours after school ended, and I'm already what feels like hours away, across the border in Nong Khai, Thailand, sitting on the deck of the Mekong and eating delicious food.

Exactly at my breaking-point, the term has ended.  I took on coaching middle-school girls' soccer a few weeks ago, and now, I am out and working or active from 7:00am to 8:00pm nearly every night.

I'm starting something tomorrow that I never thought I would; a yoga/meditation course that goes for 7 days.  I'll be spending my Christmas alone in a yoga studio, basically.  Interesting turn of events that I could not have predicted 6 months ago.

My plan is to lay low and avoid human contact, and regain my normal voice after four months of yelling and talking all day.  After my week here, I will fly to Phuket (beach/island land) and fall straight into the loving arms of my two oldest and dearest friends.  

Yes please.

Comments

Popular Posts